Tuesday, August 22, 2006

‘Umrao Jaan’ not postponed

The gossip mills are working overtime. Their latest ‘creation’ is that J.P. Dutta has postponed the release date of his Abhishek-Ash starrer UMRAO JAAN from October 20 to November 24 because J.P. didn’t want to clash with the two biggies [DON, JAAN-E-MANN] that are slated for release on October 20, the Diwali/Idd week.

“What rubbish!” J.P.’s tone says it all, “It’s all speculation. I haven’t postponed UMRAO JAAN, nor will I do so. Like I said earlier, the Idd week is crucial for my film. And why should I postpone my film to a latter date? I have already completed the film, so why delay it? October 20 is the date for UMRAO JAAN.”

That clears it: It’s DON versus JAAN-E-MANN versus UMRAO JAAN this Diwali/Idd.

Source: IndiaFM

No comments: