Thursday, October 05, 2006

Aishwariya Rai on Dhoom 2

Two films, two completely different roles. One a courtesan, and the other an ambitious 21st century woman with shades of grey. We are talking about Aishwarya Rai in ‘Umrao Jaan’ and in ‘Dhoom 2’. The sequel of ‘Dhoom’ has an ensemble cast where Rai will be seen playing lady love to Hrithik Roshan.

“It’s the kind of character I have never essayed before. Sunehiri, my character in the film, is distinctly different from any other character you have seen me play. That’s what makes her exciting to me,” says Aishwariya.

However, having a toned body was the one thing that was most crucial in an action packed movie like Dhoom 2, and this definitely drove the otherwise not very conscious miss Rai to go and tone up.

“For the first time in my life, I went through a bit of a fitness regime. Contrary to popular belief, right since modeling, to the (Miss World) title, to films, I have never been a fitness freak or exercised,” said the former Miss World.

Looking good is definitely one of the many reasons that draw the crowds, and a mantra that the already beautiful actress has stuck too.

Source: Timesnow

No comments: