Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm blessed, humbled and thrilled: Aishwarya Rai

The gorgeous Aishwarya Rai talks about her forthcoming releases and Abhishek Bachchan .

In a very amiable mood, as she unveiled Nakshatra’s new range of diamonds in a suburban Mumbai hotel earlier this week, Ash also spoke about her passion for the precious stone, her fluctuating weight.

On giving Bollywood a miss for almost a year, Ash is back with three big-budget releases: Umrao Jaan , Dhoom 2 and Guru .

On why people are crazy about Ash even though many of her films have bombed at the box office, Ash said, “It is wonderful to be loved and I’m blessed, humbled and thrilled. My job is my passion and I think people just appreciate that.”

On being busy of late, the former Miss World said, “I travelled extensively for the last one year and it’s probably the longest interval that I’ve been away from home. Since the last couple of years, my producers have been following a strict start-to-finish schedule of shooting, which meant long spells at locations.”

Talking about her much publicized fitness regime for ‘Dhoom 2’, Ash said, “‘The Dhoom 2’ schedule was split up into two parts. In the mean time, we had to complete ‘Guru’, for which I had to put on weight. When the shooting for ‘Dhoom 2’ resumed, I followed a fitness regime for about three weeks. I’m fortunate that my body responded to it. I don’t believe in strict dieting and starvation and have always indulged my sweet tooth.”

Talking about her forthcoming films Ash stated, “I want to reiterate that ‘Umrao Jaan’ is not just the story of a bygone era. It’s what so many girls go through even now. What I like most about ‘Dhoom 2’ is the way the mannerisms of the characters have brought out. The characters are not just modern, hot and racy.

On the general perception about Indian films in the international arena, Ash said, “There is immense curiosity and familiarity about our films. They are not just talking about the duration of our films and our musicals, but also about the content of our films.”

And last but not the least, Ash had this to say about Abhishek: “It’s because you are seeing us together on screen more often that people think there is something more to our professional relationship. Hrithik Roshan and Abhishek are the two actors with whom I’m paired in all my forthcoming releases.”

Source: ApunKaChoice

No comments: